Type 2 diabetes

Type 2 diabetes, formerly known as adult-onset diabetes, is a form of diabetes that is characterized by high blood sugar, insulin resistance, and relative lack of insulin. Type 2 diabetes primarily occurs as a result of obesity and lack of exercise.[1] Some people are more genetically at risk than others.[6] Type 2 diabetes makes up about 90% of cases of diabetes, with the other 10% due primarily to type 1 diabetes and gestational diabetes.[Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *